Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Frame Decor


Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a fun Christmas home decor project. It is part of a collaboration between Echo Park Paper and Details 2 Enjoy. You already know how fantastic the papers and dies from Echo Park are, but it is fun to pair them with these incredibly clever Pocket Frames from Details 2 Enjoy.

Pocket Frames come in different sizes, but what is cool about them is the fact that you can change the insides around. Details 2 Enjoy carries different shaped openings, allowing you to change the frame for the seasons! The top of the frame is magnetic, making the switch easy! 


From the moment I saw the buffalo plaid print in the Christmas Delivery collection, my project came to life. Hello, buffalo plaid! Let me count the ways I love thee! :D On the hexagon piece of MDF, I adhered the paper, cutting it away from the edges. Once the edges were trimmed, I sanded off the edges to add some distress and age. The back panel of the Pocket Frame was covered with black cardstock. I spread white ink all over it, for more distressing and to create a more realistic chalkboard look.


Then I began die cutting-tons of leaves, vines, and branches. Because it was a Christmas project, some of the branches needed to be snow covered. At first I thought about adding white embossing powder and heat it up, but then I got smart and realized that if I sanded off the top layer of color from the patterned paper, it would look even better! Keep that trick handy in your back pocket! 

To the brown branches, I added metallic enamel dots. The gold and silver brought shine and coordinated nicely with the glitter pine cone I placed in the center of the branches.


I finished things off with a large journaling card and a few stickers. Now this piece sits in our home and I love that I added something that I made!

thanks for stopping by!

kimberly

Supplies:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...